Cardi B pleads guilty to charges over strip club fight

Cardi B pleads guilty to charges over strip club fight

Cardi B admitted paying a friend $5,000 to assault a woman who worked at a strip club in New York. Queens in 2018 by pleading guilty to two misdemeanor charges on Thursday.

The Bronx-raised rapper, who was dressed in a cream-colored bodycon dress, admitted to third-degree assault and second-degree reckless endangerment as part of a plea deal that saved him from jail.

When members of the media asked him how he felt leaving the courthouse, Cardi I replied, “I feel like I look good.”

The 29-year-old hip-hop star received a three-year protective order and was ordered to perform 15 days of community service after getting into a fight with two waitress sisters during which he threw a hookah water to one of them and instructed a friend to attack the other for allegedly sleeping with her husband.

The artist silently answered “Yes” when the judge of the Queens Supreme CourtMichelle Johnson asked him if he understood the terms of his plea deal.

Cardi B’s 2018 strip club incident

Cardi Bwhose real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almanzaralso acknowledged having attacked the waitress in August 2018, beating her, pulling her hair and smashing her head against the bar.

His role in the assault on the sisters, Jade y Baddie Gin the strip club ‘Flushing Angels‘ earned him 12 charges, including two crimes for attempted assault.

I changed my mind after turning down a plea deal two years ago.

The rapper waved briefly as she entered the courthouse on Thursday morning while sporting thick tinted sunglasses, telling reporters she was “fine.”

He sat on a bench inside the courtroom and nervously tapped his foot before the hearing, but also struck up a conversation, laughing and turning to greet the reporters.

He turned down a plea deal in 2020, and his attorney, Drew FindlingHe claimed he did it in an effort to simply get on with his life.

“There are too many things that she has planned for her family, for her career and for the community and she just felt, honestly, that a three-week jury trial was going to be a distraction from the things that she felt were most important and why she didn’t. So we contacted the prosecution,” Findling said after the statement.

Source link & submitted by

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top